On November 20-21, 2014, at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, Dr. Kim Song, colleagues, and I will host “Bridges to Dual Language Learning.” English language and bilingual teachers from across the state will have opportunities to visit The Spanish School (www.sllis.org) and join a series of workshops:
- Dual Language Immersion Models and Reading Strategies (Marisela Rodriguez, American Reading Company)
- Dual Language Immersion for Academic Achievement (Griselda Pirtle, ELL Director, CCSD59, Illinois)
- Effective Language Learning Strategies
- Biliteracy and ELLs’ Academic Language Learning
Immigrant Family Lives and Schools’ Responsibilities: From Federal to Local Policies
- Co-teaching and Online Coaching for Transforming Teachers of Linguistically Diverse Students
JOIN US! For more information, please email coppersmiths @ umsl.edu.